37 Week Update


How far along: 37 Weeks (9 months 1 week)
(*FYI for those of you who don’t know a pregnancy is technically 40 weeks (10 months!) Before I became pregnant I had no idea! I always thought it was 9 months. So my due date is still a few weeks out but really hoping she stays a little longer, but Ive been having dreams she's coming a little early!)
Gender: Girl 
Total weight gain: Like 40 lbs!! The last time I checked I lost 3 lbs thou, but I was working out a lot that week and the heart burn was making it harder to eat as much as I wanted to. 
Maternity clothes: Yes still mixed in with my regular clothes, and sometimes I like to try on pre-baby dresses to see if they still fit. I thought I would be more instagramable when I got pregnant, but hell to the no.. Ive just been living in the same two dresses, braless and all. 
Stretch marks: Not really, maybe a few on my hips but barely! I still moisturize and drink so much water. 
Sleep: Surprisingly pretty good this week. I am still using three different pillows and getting up multiple times to waddle to the bathroom but I think I just must be getting used to it by now. I had a love/hate relationship with the maternity pillow. I thought it was going to be so good, and just started getting neck cramps and back aches from it. 
Miss Anything: Sleeping without having to wake up more than 3 times. Wine. Being able to eat without heartburn, and sleeping on my back! 
Movement: She moves SO MUCH! I love it, and its not just the tiny little flickers of her feet anymore, its full on bum pushing against my tummy. 
Cravings: Mostly fruit, like pineapples and raspberries. Too bad they give me the worst heartburn after or I would be eating it non-stop. 
Symptoms: Im not sure if I have been having Braxton Hicks, I don't think I have. I also think I would know if I feel like I'm having contractions. I have been feeling (sometimes sharp) kicks down there, I don't think she has dropped yet (sometimes called "lightening") but there has been some serious lower movements since last week. 
Belly Button in or out: In, my mom said hers didn't pop out either. 
Mood: Happy, anxious and nervous! Isn't that what all first time moms feel thou? 
Looking forward to: My next midwives appointment, to hear her heartbeat and to hear when they think I will have her. The 8th when I get to see her during the next ultrasound, and hopefully Tony can make it to this one. I feel bad when he's working and I know he wants to be there with me. 
Exercise: Still going to yoga, but I stopped going to Cross Fit. I have been trying to walk as much as possible, and might try to go tomorrow morning if it's nice out. Me and Tony usually try to be outside together during the weekends. 
Nutrition: My eating habits aren't ALWAYS good (tonight we had breakfast for dinner), but Tony has caught several fish this past weekend and that is so good for the developing baby's brain. I have had a high DHA, Omega-3 & Folic Acid diet before and after I got pregnant. 
Favorite moments this week: Feeling her move so much in my belly, but my most favourite is every night when Tony tells her he loves her and rubs my belly, and every morning when we wake up and he kisses the belly and me.

Comments

back to top